Sunday, January 6, 2013

Parting ways

As my dear sweet friend is leaving to minister abroad....I am left with several different things:
The first, thank God for things like Facebook, FaceTime and Magic Jack, because I can still be a part of her life on a daily basis!  Even though it is never the same as  TRUE face time, it is as close as we can get at this moment!

Second, I am thankful that God is calling them on this journey and they are faithful to the calling.  How many of us have a calling that has been on our life and for whatever reason we have justified NOT doing it.  Our reasons may be money, time, fear, lack of resources, etc....but overall, we are failing in what God has prepared and maybe even chosen us to do, before we were even born.   I want to be at the end of my life, whenever that may be....and know that above all, I was faithful to hear my Father and to obey, no matter what the circumstances or choices I made.  I want to hear "Good and faithful Servant" and know that I fulfilled my calling.  I want to be happy in that calling!   That does not mean we have to be miserable!  I am confident  I DO know what my calling is and have seen harvest and reaping from it in so many ways!  Do you?  Where are you in your life?  Are you at the beginning of it?  Just finding out all of your opportunities?  Are you at middle, regretting some past decisions and looking for opportunities to change?  Are you nearing the end and cherishing memories, tasks, relationships and joy!  I hope that you are all in these different stages loving on each other and loving God and following His call for your life!

Third, I am thankful that despite our geological barrier, we have a Heavenly Father connection that is faster than the speed of light!  I can connect, pray and minister to her and her family a gazillion miles away, and know that God is there, instantly, to comfort and provide peace!  No one else has that!  No one!   Only through our heavenly Father can you have that!  How awesome is that!!

"Parting ways is such sweet sorrow"...I never understood that until this journey with my friend.  I am so happy for her journey, and so selfishly sad along the way.  Sad for me that is. It gives me new perspective on the friendships I currently have,  on my prioritizing of those friendships, and how I need to be purposeful in my time with them.  We never know how much time we have....at 16, at 28, at 45, or at 60.......and we need to make EVERY single moment count.

I love my friend and I am happy that I am walking through this journey and God is working on my heart!
Where is He working on your heart?
My friend  Amy Travis (red shirt)



No comments:

Post a Comment