Tuesday, January 8, 2013

"Doing His Thing"

Today I am full of joy!  I am not sure why?  I am homeschooling, dealing with a 2 year old who has decided to do the exact opposite of any instruction or anything I say, and a puppy who is very very full of energy!  I feel like I am fighting twenty different battles a day....and yet I feel joyful??   There is a very big difference between happy and joyful.  There are many, many times during the day that I am not happy.  I am frustrated, I am mad (usually directed at a  puppy!) and I am exhausted....but yet there is joy!  Joy comes from a much deeper place than our emotions and our feelings.  Joy comes from a constant knowledge that God is in control, He does not give us more than we can  handle, and He ALWAYS provides a way out.  Where do you see the joy in your day?  Are you sometimes overwhelmed by "stuff" that is in your life?  If you do not see joy, WHY?  Explore that today.  Where is my joy? Where is it coming from?  

Joy is a fruit of the Spirit.  It means the Holy Spirit is able to work through you, to you, and with you to provide exactly what you need, when you need it.  He also uses the fruits of the Spirit to work in others lives.  I have seen many people going through horrendous circumstances, and yet people walk away from THEM experiencing love and understanding and Christ.  How?  Because they have JOY that is flowing out of them, despite their circumstances, despite their feelings, despite their "lot".....they have chosen to let the Holy Spirit "do His thing!", (as one girl put it).  She said she was just a container and the Holy Spirit used her to "do His thing".   (She also was 13).   Sometimes in our life and age, we forget that.  We put so many boundaries around it and laws around it and legalism around it...that we forget to just let the Holy Spirit "do His thing" and enjoy being chosen to participate!  

Look for examples today of Joy. Joy in others, and joy in yourself!  Give us examples so we can all enjoy seeing the Holy Spirit "do His thing": !!

2 comments:

  1. I love you dear friend! I am so thankful for you!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have joy in knowing that there is nothing new under the sun. He knows all things and can see me (my family) through anything. I also have joy today in knowing that I have a dear friend in you! :)

    ReplyDelete